The United Nations
IFS is one of less than 200 NGOs to hold general consultative status with the United Nations ECOSOC.
ECOSOC is currently the only main United Nations body with a formal framework allowing NGO participation, which means that accredited NGOs – like IFS – have the opportunity to express their views and influence the work of the council.
With this status, IFS members can:
- Provide expert analysis on issues directly from experience in the field
- Serve as an early warning agent
- Help monitor and implement international agreements
- Help raise awareness of relevant issues
- Play a major role in advancing United Nations goals and objectives
- Contribute with essential information at organization evens
- Attend and participate in international conferences and events.